SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardencpa

Field Trip to Pell's

gardencpa
15 years ago

This morning several Deland area gardenwebbers (castorp, gatormomx2, her husband Bill and I) braved the heat and went to Pell's nursery in Osteen. I was looking for a valencia orange tree.

Pell's is huge. Ten acres of nursery that has been there forever. We rode around in a golf cart (thank god)and while I did not find a suitable orange tree (the only one they had was huge and $185) I did buy a King's Mantle (thunbergia, some butterfly bush off the discount rack whose name I have since forgotten and a bag of valencia oranges. gatormomx2 bought several guava trees and castorp did research about dwarf azaleas. As usual when I go somewhere with gardenwebbers, I learned a tremendous amount just by listening. For one, I learned (by watching, gratefully) that gatormom has a mean right hook.

Also as usual when I am around gardenwebbers, I now have many new plants that were free and some fruits and veggies to cook. I gave away one plant and a bunch of one gallon pots. I also got to see castorp's garden. It is beautiful and interesting. Great use of a small space.

Since an ill-mannered ache could not attend, I felt like I should take some pictures, although I will admit I am not the photographer he is.

Pell's

Strawberry guava

Guava hunters

It was a fun trip but I had to take a nap when I got home. It is tough being an old lady.

Comments (11)