SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvtosharedivs

Still have some blooming...

luvtosharedivs
15 years ago

Well, this next one isn't still blooming, but I decided to post it, since so many of you have it, and I'm jealous of your photos. Startle has NEVER looked as great as it did in the catalog of the vender I purchased it from (can't even remember who that was!) The pics that all of you have posted are red w/ white or cream edges. Mine is always pink w/yellowish edges. It looks like this every single year, and I'm beginning to think it was either mislabeled, or a substitute. What do you think?

{{gwi:922437}}

New for me this year, and after about three or four blooms, it finally doubled nicely:

{{gwi:670795}}

Always a favorite in my garden, a M-L and long bloomer:

{{gwi:648831}}

I didn't like this one the first year, because it was so difficult to photograph, and it only sent up a few blooms. But this year it has gotten taller, has lots more buds, and I guess I'm figuring out how to capture it better:

{{gwi:662697}}

Trying to make up my mind if I like this one or not. It's planted right next to Castle Pinkney, which I like much better, so they clash a bit. Oh well, maybe it will grow on me:

{{gwi:670814}}

New in my garden this year, trying to put on a little short show. Hope to see a deeper colored edge next year:

{{gwi:922439}}

And finally......I had ordered Sings the Blues from one vender, and got a bonus of the same plant from another vender. The first one made me wonder why I ever purchased the plant:

{{gwi:922441}}

The second photo was from the other one, planted in a little more sun, and in an area with less tree-root-competition. What a difference location makes!:

{{gwi:670796}}

Sorry, this was a little long this time, but I will never catch up, unless I post more pics at a time.

Thanks for looking,

Julie

Comments (10)