SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
playinmud

My weekend excitement

playinmud
17 years ago

My nephew is a great help. He added 10 courses of brick onto our patio and cut a beautiful piece of bluestone into the corner to set the gas grill on. In doing all this, he dug up a huge no name green hosta clump and plopped it in a black plastic cement pan that sat where the grill used to be off of the patio, it sat there all summer and did fine (wasnt a driveway, but it was close), and it actually looked great. Well now that fall is here I knew I had to do something with this thing, so Isliced it in half and sat one half of it onto a huge trash bag and put it in my car to take to my BFÂs house (thing mustÂve weighed 40 pounds or more and it was only half!). Anyway, he was thrilled, I planted it under a large stand of white pine trees and watered it deeply...it should do great.

Fast forward to Sunday. IÂm driving to my BFÂs house after church and this HUGE black spider walked across my dash board along the edge behind the steering wheel! This thing had to be 2 ½" long, his body alone was 1" around. I must have brought him into the car when I transported the hosta. I screeched, and swiped him away, and in doing this, I ripped the ornament hanging off of the rear view mirror and almost drove off of the road. When I got to my BFÂs house I looked around, and at first it appeared that the thing off of my mirror must have gone out of the open window, but then I found it on the floor in the back seat, but no spider. Of course my BF teased me and said the spider was probably still in the car. So I hunted around, but didnÂt see the thing. Its black and the interior of my car is black. Later last night when I was getting ready to go home my BF reminded me that it was probably still lurking on the inside of my car. So I tucked my jeans into my socks and drove home half expecting this thing to pounce on me.

Groan!...How long does a spider live?? IÂm not afraid of anything, but this thing is huge, and I'm half expecting to have this crawl onto me. ACK!!

PIM

Comments (23)