SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Excited about extended land possibilities

jel48
15 years ago

Gary and I are looking at buying a few (2 1/2 to 10 or so) acres of unimproved land for a little getaway. We're awfully excited about it. We're looking for timbered, probably unimproved land. Water (lake front, river, or creek) would be a big huge bonus. We can't afford to look at lake front property but one of the prospects does have a small creek through it.

We want someplace out in the 'bush'. Neither of us are hunters (which is the reason most people buy timber land around here) but we want a remote place where we can garden (guess what we're plannng on planting in and around all that timber), feed the deer and the birds (and try to avoid feeding the bears), relax in a tiny, cozy cabin, take some photos, and just hang out on the weekends.

It would be great to have water (meaning a well) available and the same for electricity but we probably won't get those luxeries. We're thinking more on the lines of having to haul in water and also bring our own generator (if we decide we must have electricity). The water will be a tough one when it comes time to plant and if the season gets dry, but we'll do what we can.

We'll be doing things as inexpensively as possible. We'll build our own cabin. It won't need to be much. We'll plant lots of hostas. We're both so excited about this and I just wanted to share the happy thoughts.

Do you have a place you go to escape, either simple and small, or big and gorgeous, or somewhere in between? I'd love to hear about your place... how you got it.... what it's like... what you've done with it.... how you use it....

Comments (30)