SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

A *Girlie-Girl' thread!!!

Janice
16 years ago

Okay, Marnie--this one's for you!

So, Ladies, what is your favorite cosmetic line or items--the ones you wouldn't be caught dead (or alive) without, even on a deserted Island?

For me, I'd have to have my mascara and lip pencil and lipstick! I use the "Hot-pink" tube of mascara, waterproof, brown black!:o) I love the Estee Lauder line, especially the lip pencils and their lipstick is nice, too. I also like the Merle Norman lipsticks.

Now if there were room, if I had to *jump ship* in the mid-Atlantic and take only what I could grab--I'd also like to have my smudge-stick eye-liner, also by Estee Lauder, and their make-up base that I love--'Double-Wear' and the color is 'Fresco'! I love how it stays put, when applied lightly with a make-up sponge--doesn't change color or smear off! Kinda pricey but it lasts me at least 6 months!

Oh, and an eye-lash curler and the face scrubber I make out of the netting you can use in petti-coats! I cut strips about 4 inches wide the entire width of the netting. Then I sew a running thread through it, or stitch on my machine a gathering stitch and pull it tight to make a puff ball! It works wonderfully to exfoliate dead skin, that tends to make our make-up not last all day, cause it flecks off, ever so microscopically, and it also takes away the dull gray look to the skin.

You can pay some bucks for exfoliators, like Cliniques, which is very good or do what I do with the scrubbie! If done daily, you don't have to scrub the hide off--it takes care of it gradually and consistently!

Okay--who's next?

Oh, and my favorite perfume is 'Boucheron'

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus