SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Bluebirds in my garden

User
12 years ago

For the first time EVER, in any house where I've lived, I have a pair of bluebirds moving into a nest box. I saw the male coming to a feeder about 3 weeks ago, and on Sunday I saw the happy couple hovering near a small inadequate nest box, hung for ornamental purposes, but it was in the right place and facing the right direction.

I made an emergency call to my friend who is the bluebird guru and she brought a brandnew nest box designed specially for bluebirds for me to put up. And within an hour or two, the gorgeous birds were inspecting it and claiming it as their own. I am SO PROUD. It is like finally my garden has the stamp of approval on it, I'm doing something RIGHT.

I zoomed in on their activity, saw them bringing Spanish moss and grass blades into the hole, and finally they felt secure enough in their claim, that they perched on a bare limb of a nearby young pecan tree, just to keep an eye on their new home, more than likely. I am a nut for birds, both parrots and wild birds, so I hope I do not bore anyone.

I share here a couple of the pictures. If you wish to see more, I have an album of my wildbirds in the backyard at the Webshots link shown below.

God must have been having a good day when he created birds.

Here is a link that might be useful: CaptGrisGris Webshots Albums

Comments (3)