SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

Sad Time in the Veggie Garden

ritaweeda
9 years ago

We've had so much rain that the tomatoes are splitting open. I guess I shouldn't complain because this is the first time that we have eggplants, keeping my fingers crossed because they are still small. We have LOTS of hot peppers, (jalapenos and poblanos) but that's it. The other stuff went kapoot a couple of months ago. I managed to scuffle hoe one row of weeds but not the last one and it is growing by leaps and bounds. It's just so hot I can't stand more than a few minutes at a time. Plus the ground is mushy from all the rain, (we have clay soil) so all in all, not much going on. I know, it's that time of year. I do have some okra seedlings going but they are slow to form the real leaves to transplant. Don't have high hopes for those, isn't it a bit late for that now? I had awesome sunflowers at the front of the garden, but the heads got so huge and flopped over, then the squirrels ravaged them. I salvaged some seeds for next planting. I have a few baby tomato plants that I saved the seed from some store-bought Tasti-Li's, surprisingly they came up, has anyone tried that?

Comments (9)