SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildatheart_gw

Harvested Garlic and onions

wildatheart
10 years ago

Two days ago pulled up all my garlic and onions. With our wet summers I felt like the things were just rotting in the soil rather than doing the drying out I had seen recommended on youtube videos. None of them are very big at all, even though they were all at least laying over, if not turning brown (ready for harvest, right?).
So I brought them in, did not have time to do anything with them that night, so I stuck them in the fridge (they like the cool, right?). Tonight I took them out and laid them on a towel in my bathtub. My husband and I are not bath people, and with several children, it is hard to find any safe place for them, and with our wet summers there is no place to cure them outside.
So is this set up ok? I cannot make heads or tails out of the youtube videos I watched. Seems people assume a level of knowledge before giving out instructions, and alot of the advice conflicted (drying out in the soil, drying out outside, drying out in mesh bags in the garage--hot and humid!).
Y'all may just be laughing at me, but this is all I could think of. Also, these are just a few of them. There are more than are in the pic, and some are a little bigger.
Thanks for any advice! :)

Comments (7)