SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandomarlo

buying land for communal living questions

brandomarlo
15 years ago

hi yall. i am looking to buy land and like every one else i am looking of the best deal for the buck (under 500/acre).. but more importantly, i need to know laws concerning multiple families on one chunk o dirt and land rights, water rights and such. is there a book of laws i can get or do i need a land lawyer?

as far as the needs go, we need around 40 acres any where, running water (with the ability to have the right to use it) like a creek/river year round, mountains, trees(mixed forest or evergreens preferably) the dirt aint no big deal, for each family could use raised beds n compost, using out houses or composting toilets are the goal for the sewer, powers nice but not necessary, no or low building codes, n taxes, mountains with mixed forest or/with evergreens, we have about 6 families interested so being sub-dividable would be nice, if not i dont mind letting them stay on it, so basically we would be having a mini community in some ways like the amish (being self sustaining and self supporting with each having strengths to support the needs of the community) so being close to a big town is not necessary because the land would be paid for and income needs (which rent or house/land payments are the biggest) so like i said the income level would be VERY low and wouldn't have to be big. any tips on where to look for the land and where to find out the laws of what i can and cant do, would be much appreciated!

Comments (4)

Sponsored