SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

I'm finally ready to join the enablers (LONG)

celeste/NH
12 years ago

Hi Everyone!

After getting bitten by the daylily 'bug' last fall and ordering way, way too many daylilies in such a short time...

(and busting my back making stone-terraced raised beds for my babies)...I finally have some blooms to share. I have enjoyed, savored, and literally drooled over all the gorgeous photos here from you sweet, wonderful enablers. It was a LONG winter for me here in zone 4 New Hampshire and we had a late spring which delayed blooming. It's interesting how mine are just starting when some of yours are winding down, but it's good in that I will have plenty of

pictures to last until yours start to rebloom.

I wanted to say 'thank you' to all of you who provided such

eye candy for me...and prompted me to get into daylilies like I have. I have grown roses and other perennials (and true lilies) for years, have hundreds of rosebushes and dozens of gardens scattered about my acre which even include a few un-named daylilies, but until I came here to this forum I didn't know how rewarding daylilies are. With roses, it's a constant battle against blackspot, winter dieback, and japanese beetles devouring all my blooms to where I almost want to give up. I wanted to start by showing you some of my gardens and then I will do another post that's strictly daylilies. Just wanted to introduce

myself to you all....and thank you for all your enabling!

Celeste

{{gwi:656598}}

{{gwi:898429}}

{{gwi:656618}}

Comments (23)