SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Its Raining On Friday

newyorkrita
11 years ago

It is raining today and I couldn't work in the garden today as I had planned. Yesterday I pulled out the last of the dead pea vines and planted new peas. Planted Green Arrow garden peas, Swiss Giant Snow Peas and Sugar Star Sugar Snap Peas.

I still have Norli, Super Sugar Snap, Mammouth Melting, and Cascadia Peas to plant. I seem to have two packs of Mamouth Melting, one said Snap Peas and the other said Snow Peas so I am confused. Better not plant those two together.

Today I had planned to pull out the Spanish Musica beans, which were new for me this year, and plant peas there instead. Those beans were aweful. Tough and I didn't like the taste at all.

Not like the Yard Long Beans that I just love. I have been saving up yard longs till I had enough to eat and I had them for dinner last night. They were SOOO good. I lightly sauteed them in some olive oil with chopped garlic. Added some dried onion flakes and a few red pepper flakes. Sweet and tender and I LOVE the flavor. If you ask me these are much better than string beans.

Great dinner of grilled steak and grilled green fried tomatoes with the beans side dish. I had the green tomatoes because some fell off my vines from the horrid weather.

Here is a picture of some Yard Long Beans after I picked them. You can see that they are about 18 inches long.

The porch tomatoes picture taken yesterday showing that they flatten on top, ha-ha. But they are perking up already and heading back up. I did have to cut back afew broken branches but mostly they are fine.

The old tomato garden was all leaning toward the driveway. Those winds were blowing that way the other day. I had to push them back and fix them.

But tomatoes are doing good. Here are some more tomatoes I picked with a Yard Long Bean and measuring tape to show size. They are (left to right) Whopper, Superfantastic, Sungolds, 2 Early Girl and some 4TH OF July.

The Whopper and Superfantastic. My biggest tomatoes so far this year.

Portulacas don't care, they look great.

Ollallie Gold Rim next to some Four O'Clocks.

My pictures are from yesterday when I was working on cleaning up the yard from all the sticks and leaves around the yard.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County