SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wolfey_gw

Trying indoor rosemary --) Brown brittle leave

Wolfey
12 years ago

I couldn't help it - I had to buy the adorable Trader Joe's rosemary tree at Christmas time.

It's just after New Year's now and the tree isn't looking so cute. Many of the leaves sport brown tips, or have gone totally brown and brittle. Small sections have died back. Some of the green growth is droopy at the tips instead of standing upright. There are still healthy sections, so I don't think all hope is gone. I would just like to keep it alive long enough to put it outside.

I keep it right next to a very bright southern exposure, slight under a shelf. It's rotated semi-frequently. I try not to overwater it, though I probably have recently (thinking it was thirsty). I usually measure it by whether the soil feels dry an inch down, but I could be confusing cool with damp. The plant looks rootbound--I can see them sticking out of the drainage holes--but it's unclear to me if this is desirable or not, and what to do if not (I hear rosemary doesn't like to move).

Any tips you all have on how to perk up the droopy branches, avoid brown leaves, and generally NOT kill my plant would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (8)