SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaja_gw

Need Landscape Design Help - Perma/Polycultures, Eco-Gardening

kaja
14 years ago

Good morning everyone!

I'm interested in finding a landscape designer / architect / other, who can help me design my front and back yard with permaculture, polyculture and eco-gardening techniques.

I've been doing a lot of reading, and my latest book (which I can't put down) is Gaia's Garden, 2nd edition (Toby Hemenway). I find the advice in this book exceptional and very enlightening, and I'd like to find a landscape designer / architect / other who can help me design based on these principles.

I live in Smyrna, Georgia, with almost 1/2 acre of land, and I'd love to get my food forest started so I can have some great, fresh, ripe eats this summer, if possible.

Being new to Atlanta, I don't know what grows here successfully and what doesn't. And rather than just start planting, I'd like to have a master plan for both my front and back yard, and work towards fulfilling the plan.

Can someone recommend a business or individual to help me with design? I don't care about credentials necessarily, as long as one is well versed and experienced in these design principles.

Thank you everyone, and Merry Christmas.

KJ

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting