SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tyler_23

Design considerations/your favourite combinations

tyler_23
16 years ago

I suppose this is a thread that cuts across a few forum divisions but here goes. What is your favourite combination of plants? A couple that come to mind for me are: gold bar zebra grass, russian sage, rudbeckia, and blood grass. Another one is crocosmia, daisy, rudbeckia, and helenium. What are some of the striking combos that you've come across?

At this point I must declare my motive for this. Mom just had a new kitchen put in. She has been talking for twenty five years about getting her kitchen. Now she's talking about her garden. I don't want her to have to wait another quarter century so I'm going to help her out this spring. She despises pink but adores hummingbirds. There are many plants to choose from to achieve this so I figure I'll try to establish workable combinations of plants and then combine the combinations.

A couple of the musts in her garden are: golden chain tree, white brugmansia, rudbeckia, echinacea purpurea, red lobelia, red hot pokers, Lilac, yarrow, red salvia, crocosmia, delphinium, butterfly weed, monarda, butterfly bush, columbine canadiensis, red valerian, nicotiana, lavender, lupines, pardon me and stella d'oro daylilies, and irises.

Any favourite combinations that include a couple of the above musts is appreciated, but your favourite combos of anything is good too. Evergreen combos, anything will do.

Thanks for your attention, Tyler.

Comments (5)