SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noeyw

Need opinions on my upcoming order

noeyw
16 years ago

I've been lurking here for about two months - ever since I bought my first few daylilies. We're in new construction, so I have an empty canvas and I must admit that I have fallen completely into your daylily obsession.

So far, all I have are a Stella and Black-Eyed Stella up by the house, planted with a Startle that apparently is not going to bloom for me this year. Back by the pond, I have some orange ditch lilies from my aunt and a Rocket City I stumbled over last weekend. My plan for the pond area is to plant clumps of color, so I guess I've started with orange and will probably switch to purple next year.

But back to the immediate question. We're having a patio put in next week, and I want to plant daylilies around it. I have one area that I want to do in all daylilies with a maroon/black-purple and cream/white color scheme. Here's what I'm considering, and I'd like your opinions on which to go with:

Broadway Bold Eyes

Broadway Ruby Slippers

Joan Senior

Strutter's Ball

Samurai Warrior

Caribbean David Elkins

Friar's Lantern

The other area that I want to put daylilies into will be a perennial/daylily/annual mix. For perennials, I'm definitely planning Blue Speedwell so I thought a mix of pink and purple daylilies would be nice. I tried to pick pretty short daylilies since they'll be in a pretty narrow border around the patio. What are your thoughts on these DLs?

Borders on Pink

Broadway Pink Delight

Mae Graham

Strawberry Eyes

Alley Cat Blues

Feeding Frenzy

Gilded Peacock

Broadway Pink Slippers

Siloam Pink Midget

Broadway Imp

Nacogdoches Pride

Ruffled Beauty

Indian Giver

Thank you all - I think ;-) - for teaching me so much about daylilies.

Comments (2)