SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduser_gw

Atemoya Cross Pollinating

enduser
13 years ago

After several attempts I have successfully pollinated my two year old Gefner Atemoya and the tree now has over 50 fruit actively growing on it. This is the first year that my Gefner Atemoya has produced an excess of 200 buds and there seems to be no end to this cycle since the tips are still pushing new buds. Last year I only got one fruit from this tree as a result of self-pollination.

I used the same pollen from my Gefner Atemoya to pollinate the Lisa Atemoya but the pollen appears to be incompatible since the fruit keep falling off. The Lisa Atemoya is a very shy bud producer so I never get the chance to have both male and female buds within a few days of each other thus my reason for using the Gefner pollen.

I decided to also test the Gefner pollen on my two year old sugar apple tree that is pushing buds for the first time, but thus far I have ended up with the same disappointing results.

I have searched the Internet for information on pollen compatibility but I can't seem to locate any information on the subject especially as it relates to Anonas.

Has anyone had success cross pollinating their Anonas with pollen from other varieties?

Comments (11)