SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suegrew

Are Your Night Blooming Jasmines Blooming Right Now?

suegrew
16 years ago

Long story short, I've always wanted this plant and broke down and purchased a very healthy specimen in a 15" pot. After all my research, I felt it best to transplant into a pot (with drainage) so it would be more mobile and I could play around with the amount of sun that it receives each day. (It was root-bound anyway, so there was little soil left) The plant is healthy but unfortunately no blooms as of yet. It's receiving morning, afternoon and late afternoon sun-northern exposure. Should I move the pot somewhere else? I now have it in a 25" inch plastic pot, with drainage and I used the Miracle-Gro Moisture Control soil. I've read that they prefer bark but as hot as it gets here, I'm hesitant to follow directions from someone up north.

Curious to hear if anyone's NB jasmine is blooming at this time of year. We do have a security light that comes on after dark. I know this sounds silly but could that be a contributor of it not setting blooms at night? Is it an acid loving plant? Would coffee grounds give it a kick? Any fertilizer recommendations? I've been watering it every morning and then once again at dusk as the leaves wilt a bit after the day's rays.

Once again, thanks for any feedback,

Sue.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor