SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkunkel_gw

Clump, and Multi-bloom pics!

16 years ago

I enjoyed the clump pic thread so much from last year! I think it is hard to find clump photos of Dl's, and I like to see what mature clumps look like so I know what to expect from different cultivators. Besides its just plain breathtaking to see Daylilies in full bloom! So I decided to start another clump pic thread for this year, ive seen some pretty ones already, so now lets see some more! Ill start with a few that ive posted individual shots of , but heres multi bloom pics! Please excuse the old blooms, im waiting for seed pods before I pull them off!

El desperado

Mardi gras parade

{{gwi:246937}}

Just plum happy (again!)

Persian Ruby

{{gwi:849334}}

Caprician fiesta, this one has been blooming like this for over a month! GREAT branching, and perfect height!

{{gwi:872953}}

Star of Fantasy

{{gwi:872954}}

Mini pearl

{{gwi:872955}}

Alright I know you got em, now show em! Have Fun! -Jessica

Comments (52)

• 16 years ago

Oh I love clumps too! Yours are so pretty!
    Here's MYSTICAL RAINBOW

STELLA

MISTER LUCKY

ISLE OF DREAMS

PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
    {{gwi:663731}}
    FRANK SMITH

Betsy

• 16 years ago

This is the beautiful "Another Face" by Bonnie Wright. It is one of those "perfect" daylilies. Blooms, size, fertile, color, increases. I have them both but I think it is more beautiful than "Beautiful Edgings"

Another Pretty Face

• Related Discussions

Clumps and Multiples.... (pics)

Q

Comments (9)
    Hi Jan, Great pics, as usual! My favorite in this group is CABBAGE FLOWER - I think I say that every time you post a pic of it. I have a few to add to this thread. I am behind on my pics, but we're getting some rain this morning so maybe I can catch up. CROOKED HOUSE - new this year - tall one HOW SWEET IT IS - has done very well this year except on the cold mornings LADY NEVA - had to stake this one because of all the wind LAUGHING OUT LOUD - looking tall and stately - big flowers tear easily on windy days Kathy
    ...See More

One clump or two.....maybe more. (pics)

Q

Comments (7)
    OH WOW!!! I love them all,especially the "Candies" and the odd couple is great.Love ,love that Bed shot.Your "Lillie" is so pretty.I love cats. I took some odd looking shots today.I might decide to post some of them.They not as nice as yours.I was just feeling a tad down this afternoon,and was sitting outside snapping pictures at random,to send to my oldest daughter in NC. Jean
    ...See More

Clumps anyone? (lots of pics)

Q

Comments (16)
    Debra, I would say that this past week was about overall peak, but I have some beds that are just coming into peak. I've got so many mid to late bloomers in some of them that keeps the season going lots longer. I was noticing today, lots of rebloom scapes coming on also. I'm expecting to have quite a bit of bloom for a while yet. Don't you just hate when the season starts winding down? LOL Jan
    ...See More

wanted - clump pic of Song Writer

Q

Comments (0)
    Anyone have one? It's new to me this year and I'm trying to picture it as a clump since the individual blooms aren't doing much for me. I bought it b/c it's listed as EE (I think) but it didn't open EE for me this year. Of course, I'll give it the usual 3 years to get established before I make any decisions. thanks, Natanya
    ...See More
  • 16 years ago

Another Pretty Face is simply stunning, thanks for posting it.
    I also like Star of Fantasy.

Dot

• 16 years ago

I like it better than BE too. I believe it will go on my list!

Betsy

• 16 years ago

WOW....haven't seen APF before...it's a knock out for sure...do you mind sharing the info on where you got it?
    Thanks. BTW, love all the clump shots also. Keep em coming. I'll go through my photos when I have time and add a few of mine too.
    Jan

• 16 years ago

Another multi-bloom pic.

Spacecoast Passion Released

I love seeing all the clumps. That Star of Fantasy is really pretty.

Another Pretty Face is a Bonnie Wright intro. I got it from her garden/farm several years ago and it has been an outstanding performer in my garden. She is located in mid Tennessee about 40 miles from me. Her web address is wrightsdaylily.com. She's a super nice lady. By the way, I'm not in any way related to her or anything, I just am partial to her beautiful creation.

• 16 years ago

I love this thread. here is my contribution...Ellie

{{gwi:872961}}

{{gwi:656318}}

{{gwi:656348}}

{{gwi:872962}}

{{gwi:782493}}

{{gwi:872963}}

{{gwi:832621}}

{{gwi:782495}}

{{gwi:872964}}

{{gwi:653595}}

• 16 years ago

Great thread! Here's mine:

Golden Prize

Gordon Biggs

Islesworth

• 16 years ago

A few more clump pics...some are seedlings...

Pale pink w/mulberry eye seedling

Barbara Mitchell
    {{gwi:872969}}

Devonshire Cream
    {{gwi:872970}}

Lavender eyed seedling
    {{gwi:872971}}

nice thread...love to see DL's in clump size

• 16 years ago

I'm in love. My ideal daylily has just been posted and it is Another Pretty Face. I've got a seedling that I've been growing that I like, but it isn't Another Pretty Face.

Seedling
    {{gwi:872972}}

I guess I'll have to make a trip down to Wrights

Tom

• 16 years ago

Tom....that is a Beauty!

I have been amazed all week with Indian Giver...no day has gone by with less then 10 blooms on this little clump....everyday this week....amazing to me with so little rain...

• 16 years ago

This is a test - I've never posted a photo - here it goes - hope it works.

This is Corryton Pink - more than a hundred blooms so far - foliage is ratty due to drought.

Sue in TN

• 16 years ago

Hey - I did it! - so here is another clump - Jersey Spider. It stands at least 46 inches high. You will see from my posts that I collect tried and true varieties - nothing expensive, or fancy by today's standards. I love the classic daylilies.

I am going to try to figure out how to resize these - I know they are a bit too big. Oh I just noticed, my dog is behind the clump - that's the rust color.

Sue

• 16 years ago

Sue, your daylilies are lovely. I have quite a number of oldies but goodies, too. Your 'Corryton Pink' is gorgeous.

I'm really enjoying the clump shots here - it's nice to see the flowers en masse, in a garden setting.

Laurel

• 16 years ago

You do know that this thread could go on forever. Great shots from everyone. Here is some pics I don't think I've posted before.

Red Volunteer (One of my oldest)
    {{gwi:849337}}

Tuscawilla Blackout (You know you've been at it too long when you can spell Tuscawilla without looking it up)
    {{gwi:872976}}

Rocket City
    {{gwi:872977}}

Delicate Design
    {{gwi:872979}}

Etched Eyes
    {{gwi:872982}}

Tom

• 16 years ago

I have a couple clumps to share this AM:

{{gwi:650946}}
    DESERT PRINCESS

{{gwi:650949}}
    GOLDEN CHIMES with Shasta daisy 'Becky,' in front of asiatic lily 'Avignon'

WINTER CHILL with asiatic lilies. (It's not much of a clump yet, they're both new plantings this year, but can you imagine next year?)

Laurel

• 16 years ago

WOW-EE you guys, these are ALL so pretty! And some of the seedlings are amazing! Keep it up you guys, lets see more! I just love seeing the true potential of a DL, giving it all they've got. They all seem to just bloom their little hearts out don't they. Great pics! -Jessica

• 16 years ago

Beautiful photos, everyone! Like everyone else, I love Another Pretty Face and, after seeing the shot of Mardi Gras Parade, I could kick myself for giving it away this year (never saw a bloom).

I went on a photo-snapping spree this morning:

ON THE WEB

ART IMPERIAL

AFRICAN GRAPE & KABUKI BALLET

HELAMAN & LA FENICE

NEWBERRY FRILLY LADY

GYPSY ROSE LEE

HAWAIIAN PARTY DRESS

PRIMAL SCREAM

I'm enjoying all these photos! Chris

• 16 years ago

lotodig - Okay, I'm just going to pretend I didn't see that picture of ANOTHER PRETTY FACE since I just got BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS.
    What is the white flower right next to it, a coneflower?

Laurie

• 16 years ago

Goodness sakes!
    What a wonderful thread!

But I had to start a new sheet for my wish list.
    Some of the photos have changed my mind about purchasing new DLs. For instance, I was never sure if I wanted 'Indian Giver' or not....until I saw the multitude of them.....Wow!
    I've also added these to my list: 'Spacecoast Dragon Prince', 'Another Pretty Face', 'On the Web', 'Tom's seedling' - ooops, I guess it's not registered/for sale yet, and 'Jersey Spider'.

Sue, I also have 'Corryton Pink', and it's one of those that stands out from far across the yard!

'Red Volunteer' - can't wait until mine clumps!

Here are some of mine:

{{gwi:872993}}

{{gwi:872994}}

{{gwi:872995}}

{{gwi:872996}}

{{gwi:872997}}

Julie

• 16 years ago

My goodness what a bunch of beauties..that Kabuki and Indian Giver are really beautiful.

msrose..no need to fret, Another Pretty face is not that expensive, just have them both. Can'r remember the name right off of the flower you asked about, it's a daisy, but not sure which one. It's a perennial, I've had it several years. You can find it in the spring in the catalog's, like Parks.

OK hold your eyes, her comes........

CHERRY CHEEKS

For those that don't have or have never seen Cherry Cheeks in person it really is that color. Another golden oldie.

Darla has outdone herself this year, rebloomed as much as the first time.

DARLA ANITA

Both pictures were taken this morning. I'm really gonna miss these beauties when bloom season is over.

I'm loving this thread.

• 16 years ago

Tom - I love those huge clumps of ETCHED EYES and TUSCAWILLA BLACKOUT!

Debra

• 16 years ago

A couple more

VISUAL INTRIGUE

BEYOND RICHES

FORBIDDEN FANTASY

• 16 years ago

So many beautiful clump photos! Thanks everyone for posting them!

Here are a few of mine:

Last Flight Out (with a 5x5 polytepal)

Inspired Edge

Pony

Salty Skipper

Iron Eyes

Magnificent Rainbow

Fan Club

Juliet

• 16 years ago

A few of my clump shots, some from last season. Loving all your photos, BTW!!
    Trahlyta

Robbie Bush

Orchids And Diamonds

Pirates Patch

My Special Angel

Condilla

Siloam Amazing Grace

Cherry Lace

Bradley Bernard

A night time shot of Indian Giver taken last season.

Jan

• 16 years ago

Juliet, do you remember where you got Salty Skipper? It's one I've been looking for.

Thanks -- Chris

• 16 years ago

I guess I can only send 1 at a time until I get some help.
    Kay.

• 16 years ago

EMPEROR' CHOICE, it is last year's pic but it is just starting to open now and looks like there will be more flowers. Kay

• 16 years ago

Chris - I got Salty Skipper directly from the hybridizer, Bud Bennett. (His garden isn't that far from me.) I don't think he has any left to sell this year though. (If you want I could ask him if he'll have any available for the spring.) I looked in Eureka and Singing Oakes Garden has it. I've never ordered from there, but it has good reviews on Garden Watchdog.

Juliet

• 16 years ago

Thanks, Juliet -- I received a great order from Singing Oakes this year, but didn't realize they carried SS. Next year!

• 16 years ago

WOW!! I am really injoying all these beautiful photos.I keep scrolling up and down looking at all of them over and over. They are much prettier then a catalog photo.And i think the clump shots are prettier them a single bloom,too. I don't have anything this pretty to post.All I have in a clump photo are Stella's and Little Wart. Keep them coming :)

Jean

• 16 years ago

Custard Candy - a little bit yellower than this in person

Rosy Returns with matching zonal geranium

Top to bottom, Red Ribbons, Red Magic, Strawberry Candy

Moonlit Masquerade

Little Grapette, looking larger than life

Bridgeton Celebrity, sorry a bit blurry

Elizabeth Salter

Strutter's Ball, tall and large looking in front of Strawberry Candy

A closeup of Strawberry Candy

Rumble Seat Romance in front of JC monarda
    {{gwi:254979}}

• 16 years ago

leslie- Your gsarden is really lovely, great pictures!

I am glad to see your picture of Strawberry Candy. Mine is exactly that color. I know its listed as pink when for sale but to me it is too orangy for pink although I wouldn't exactly call it orange either.

• 16 years ago

Autumn Wood:

Hyperion:

Minnie Peal:

Siloam Tommy Tucker:

Trahlyta:

• 16 years ago

Juliet, What are you feeding your plants to get all those extra petals out of them? LoL! you sure do have enough of them this year!
    Well I got an oldie but goodie to start with this morning!
    Frans Hals
    {{gwi:834294}}
    Someone else was loving my El desperado this morning!

Once again I know I need to dead head, but im afraid to pull seed pods off!
    Ive got 3 miniature Lilting belle's this morning, they are kinda cute though!
    {{gwi:850585}}
    This pic is from earlier this season, but I love this plant!
    {{gwi:846889}}
    Total Commitment- Love this one too!
    {{gwi:873037}}
    My friend took this one while I was away, it would have been a really nice shot, if she had come over before it rained! At first Blush-
    {{gwi:840727}}
    Last but not least, the eyecatcher in my garden Mauna loa-
    {{gwi:873038}}
    All of your pictures are fantastic! Thanks for sharing them, im glad that seeing a clump in full bloom has helped some of you reconsider some of the plants you have overlooked, I know my list is growing! -Jessica

• 16 years ago

I love looking at everyone's beautiful clump photos!

Jessica - I don't know why I'm getting so many extra petals this year - I'm not doing anything different. I like them though. Total Commitment is so pretty and so's the one above it (what's its name?). I also really like your swallowtail photo. Thanks for sharing them.

Juliet

• 16 years ago

The ones in the photo above Total commitment is Enchanted illusion. Got it last year, still only a double fan, but it sure gave me a lot of blooms for a double fan, plus my DH broke one of the scapes off when he was painting our deck. Seems like all of my Salter DL's are just outstanding! I have peppermint pinwheel at the top of my list, but it is still quite expensive right now. I just fell in love with it after seeing Nancy's pic of it. I love seeing the butterflies too, I had a humming bird hanging around yesterday, but he only liked my bee balm. -Jessica

• 16 years ago

I'm enjoying all the mutliples, clumps and garden scenes on this thread. Here are a few of mine.

BONANZA

KACHINA DANCER

BLACKBERRY CANDY

INQUIRE WITHIN

Debra

• 16 years ago

Got to have another pretty face!

• 16 years ago

Great thread, I love them all can't wait till mine take off and my collection grows larger.

• 16 years ago

Nothing new or fancy here, just some of my favorites.

Indian Giver

Fresh Start

Brocaded Gown

Second Thoughts

Siloam Double Classic

Scarlet Orbit

~Bunnycat

• 16 years ago

Beautiful photos Bunnycat - especially like Second Thoughts and Indian Giver!

Juliet

• 16 years ago

Bunnycat I love that first picture of your gardens really pretty. Scarlet Orbit looks like it puts out a lot of branches and is loaded with flowers.

• 16 years ago

These have been posted on other threads but here goes, all of mine are in big pots so it is hard to get big clumps but I do have multiple flower pics.

Dot

{{gwi:647929}}

{{gwi:647930}}

{{gwi:647931}}

{{gwi:647945}}

{{gwi:647946}}

{{gwi:873049}}

{{gwi:655930}}

{{gwi:647953}}

• 16 years ago

Hi gang,

Most all of my new plants are finished for the year except for a handfull that are sending up rebloom scapes. But last Sunday we took a trip to the Chicago Botanical Gardens. They had some awesome clump and multi-plant plantings that I snapped some photos of.

I tried to proceed each flower with the name tag if I could find one for them. There are much more than just day lilies in the album. Just thought you might like to look at them.

Hope you enjoy these,

Roger
    South of Chicago

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicago Botanical Garden photos

• 16 years ago

Dot, they are all gorgeous as usual! I love the Grandma's smile! Gona have to wait on that one though, too pricy for me right now!
    Bunnycat-Fresh start and second thoughts are very pretty! You took some nice pics, thanks for sharing. Im liking doubles more now, but don't have too many...yet!
    -Jessica

• 16 years ago

Spellbinder and Rocket City

• 16 years ago

Lime Frost

• 15 years ago

Thought Id give this a bump, since some of us are getting nice clump shots already this season. You can never see too many pic of a clump of daylilies in full bloom! -Jessica
    Oh- and all my pics are gone because I moved them into another album

• 15 years ago

WOW, moving it back to top!!! Wish I had even one flower but this is my first year and out of 6 new plants not one scape yet in MN. Yes, I know, it is sad. Amy