SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lalalandwi

Daylilys are snobs!!

lalalandwi
14 years ago

My very 1st view when I come out every morning off my porch is this & this is what I get? His back turned to me?! This is a FFO on a dl I've never seen before, quite the nerve!

And then I get the cold shoulder coming in from the front gate:

This is the furthest I can get a view without stepping in the garden. Yes, another cold shoulder, LOL!

I can see why planting dls in rows would be a huge asset! After having to climb in there to see it for the first time up close & personal & not be able to appreciate throughout the day makes me reconsider how'd I do the beds next time round. Climbing in there to get pics like this to show the gold edge is very awkward.

And mishaps will certainly happen like this:

Lo & behold was I surprised when I finally saw it's face! This whole time I thought it was Kiss My Grits, I've the 2 mixed up on my map. This is Lighter Than Air:

Not only is Green Revolution a snob, it is also sassy! I can not get the color right in taking it's pic. He is alot more dusky purple in person & my camera makes it look alot more red than it is. I have 2 blooms today, 1 off an old scape & 1 off a new. The 1st pic is off the old.

I've included this next picture to help get the gist of the colors. The old scape in the back, that bloom's top 2 petals past the watermark is the closest I can come to the color my eye sees. Take that color & darken it about 3 shades. Hard to visualize, but if you can pick out the color in the midrib & veins & can picture that fused upon the color the camera is picking up would be pretty accurate. Green Revolution certainly does not have a future career in modeling, LOL!

Comments (13)