SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manature

wbiyg mid-may part two

manature
15 years ago

I hope nobody minds if I start a new thread on this. The old one was beginning to take a LONG time to open with all the glorious photos, and I have quite a few to share. Please CONTINUE to add more of yours, as well!

Nothing blooming in my garden right now is making me any happier than my Red Cascade rose I got from Katkin. It is full and thick at the base and beginning to get nice, long canes, covered with tiny, 1" red, red roses. I just love how it looks against the blue trellis, with the white shed wall behind it. I hope it will get HUGE for me there!

Base of the Red Cascade rose:

Canes beginning to take off:

And speaking of roses, Natchtoches Noisette has just about finished the first flush of the summer...

...while Pink Pet is just getting started:

Maitland White (a Bermuda Mystery rose) has bloomed its heart out lately:

And St. David's has been doing well, too:

My volunteer morning glories greet me as soon as I walk out the porch door.

And in the big bed, the Vietnamese Hollyhock is still producing flowers daily. I like it in front of the fennel, which has started to bloom as well.

Close up of the fennel flower heads. (Ill, I will try to collect seed, if I remember in time).

The jatropha (thanks, Michael) is still holding forth in Oscar's bed...

...as are the other red, yellow and blue flowers I put there...

...including this really nice dwarf goldenrod I got from Blodgett's...

...and the Tampa Verbain, which I got a lot of this year.

The Diamond Frost euphorbia from last year came back strong this year, after cutting it back pretty low.

I set several of these white Profusion zinnias around the edge of my biggest bed, as they get quite full and bloom all summer long.

The orange Profusion zinnias are scattered throughout Beau's Bed, where I hope they will make nice big mounds, too.

This is a new (to me, anyway) salvia greggii called "Raspberry" that I found at Seminole Springs last Saturday and just HAD to have. LOVE this color!

The coral honeysuckle and violet porterweed continue to do well so far against the big birdhouse.

And lastly, the tall red penta Nicki gave me is really a bonus in my OGR bed. I love how it looks next to the birdbath, and close to Maitland White. Apparently, the brown anole loves it, too. He's always perched on the little boy's head!

I have some coleus pictures to post, too, but think I'll start another thread for them.

Let's see some more of what's blooming in YOUR gardens now.

Marcia

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!