SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
naplesgardener

Roses and orchids and Hoyas in Tampa ( warning:many photos)

naplesgardener
15 years ago

Thanks to thonotorose (aka Veronica) I saw her post here about the USF Orchid and Rose show this past Saturday where I hoped to find some OGR's. Well they had only one OGR (Louis Phillipe) which I bought, $20 for 5 gallon size.

They had a lot of gorgeous hybrid tea roses and orchids. The roses were on Fortuniana stock which is hard to find. They were stunning and I bought one climber (Fourth of July).

The best part was meeting Veronica and trading roses. She also brought samples of some of the roses she grows (see photo). I wish you could smell them. I am IN LOVE with E. Veyrat Hermanos. Such a pretty rose with a clunky name.

If I got any of them mislabelled in the photo it's my fault, Veronica tried to help me get it right.

I included the hoya photo just for Jan1 since she is a collector. USF also has a nice selection of native plants for sale. The roses and orchids were a special 2 day event but USF sells natives as well as Louis Phillipe rose all the time.

It was SO HOT that day that I didn't take the time to stroll the botanical grounds. Another time, maybe cooler weather.

It was a well run show with reasonable prices from vendors not normally available retail.

denise and veronica with E. Veyrat rose

{{gwi:863516}}

veronicas roses

{{gwi:863518}}

USF hoyas

{{gwi:863521}}

USF rose sale

{{gwi:863524}}

USF Orchid sale

{{gwi:863526}}

Tampa Rose Society display

{{gwi:863528}}