SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haxuan

My photo site (long post)

haxuan
17 years ago

Hi everybody, I finally know how to post a link to my photo site thanks to Edna's teaching. She's a real talented teacher!

A word about my home and garden photos you're going to see. In responding to my zest to have a flower garden and a retire home, DH (and me too) spent more than two years searching for a location that would have the right climate and view. We wanted it to be on a hill side with mountains and pine trees in view. Also we wanted it to be not too far from the city (and not to costly, neither!).

So in December 2003, we bought this little piece of land in Dalat, a highland city in Vietnam famous for its cool weather all the year round and mountainous view. Then in October 2004, DH designed the house and we started building it from scratch. It took 6 months for us to finish the building. Then I started the planting, with trials-and-errors all the time (until now). The so-called garden comes at will, i.e. no specific planning. To add to this chaotic, DH and I often are not 'thinking-in-the-same-way' about what to plant and where (you know what I mean LOL). So... here we are... the garden in Dalat! I garden here about ten days a month.

You will also see our garden in Thu Duc (Ho Chi Minh City), where we live and work. This garden is truly tropical. Again, there's no planning whatsoever!

I also want you to meet our gorgeous daughters as well. They're the most successful "plants" that we have ever grown so far!

I took a lot of photos of our gardens intending to 'tidy' them afterward. But in the end, I wanted to keep them all. So, if you see repetition, please excuse my greediness!

Xuan (having too much time, indeed!)

Here is a link that might be useful: My photo site

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida