SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nmgirl_gw

JT's photo album and long post

nmgirl
13 years ago

Here's the linK to Miss Nibs photos on my Photobucket page. I haven't finished labeling all the photos but there's a good chunk of them done. There are also 2 sub albums I haven't had time to label but at least the photos are up. I'll add to the albums as JT's adventures continue. I have some from our last trip come to think of it.

For those of you who don't know JT:

We Garden Junkers did what's referred to as a "Junk Train" 3 years ago, I think. Someone who's better with dates jump in here, I'm terrible with them. Our Junk Train was a box that was filled with bits and pieces, odds and bobs of stuff suitable for garden junking. A list of "stations" and "stationmasters" was complied and the Junk Train started it's journey. We thought the Junk Train needed as mascot and as I was "the conductor" of the "train" (Marlene of Secret Santa fame was my back-up) I set out to find one. I was in a thrift store in Chesapeake, VA, which is where I was living at the time and the starting point of the train, when I saw this wild eye peeking out of a pile of Barbie-type dolls. I could hear her crying to be rescued so I took her home. My daughter named her "JT" referring to the Junk Train. I had no idea what she was (the stuffed toy, not my daughter), another GJer explained she a character for the Backyardagains (?) TV show or something like that. Her screen name is Uniqua but to her friends she's JT. She traveled all over the US in the Junk Train box with all the stuff. One of the Junk Train rules was, as a "stationmaster", you had to take a photo of JT when the Junk Train arrived at your "station" and then post it here. You may find them by searching this forum but I don't know for sure. It was amazing the things that little pink critter got to do!

JT had many adventures and made a lot of friends. She was on the rail for over a year, we moved while she was out and about. When I started her on her journey we were living in VA, when she finally returned home we had moved back to NM. She's adapted quite well to the desert life and I usually take her on road trips.

That's JT story in a nutshell....a coconut shell.

Check out the link. You should be able to view some of my old and new garden junk and various other projects I get up to. If it doesn't work, please let me know.

Sylvia aka nmgirl

Here is a link that might be useful: JT's album

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert