SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kandhi_gw

Started with new hardy gardenia's in zone 7

kandhi
12 years ago

I gave up with growing gardenia's indoors and papering them. This year I stated with 3 new hardy variety gardenia's. All 3 varieties seem to do well so far with settling in and growing/blooming in ground. So far no major problems with pests or their specific needs. Fertilize them with dynagro foliar pro once a month and make sure their acidic soil needs are met by adding peat, coffee grounds. I also have gardenia frost proof that I had in ground since last 2 years. It does come back but by the time it has buds/blooms it is almost september. It did survice 2 rough winters past 2 years so I would consider it hardy to zone 7 (northern virginia).

Gardenia-jubilation, medium ht plant with mutiple petal flowers, standard gardenia fragrance. leaves yellow though added with peat and ironite.

gardenia - crown jewell, compact plant with multiple petal flower, opens beautful with strong fragrance. Rated and very hardy to zone 7. So far no yellow leaves.

gardenia - heaven scent - compact single petal dark green leaf plant, so far no yellow leaves seems to be doing good. Fragrance is strong

Comments (10)