SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dani_plus_2

Pod Hussies of 2012

dani_plus_2
11 years ago

Have we had this thread yet? If we did, ignore me! With the drought some of the ones that normally don't set for me are thriving. Most, though, wouldn't set at all or would start a pod and then abort a "chamber" of the pod and the rest would shrivel and fall off. Soooo frustrating, but for the better for me this year. I've got no room and need to make more beds AGAIN. PLEASE keep me away from the toothy seeds on the LA this year. Seriously.

Highland Pinched Fingers: The clear winner with 48 pods and counting. Never used this one before so I'm excited for the crosses. Bloomed a long time. Not sure what it took with or how many pods each. i gave up labeling everything this year since nothing was taking and it took too much time. I've put H. United We Stand, Cameroons, H. Dragonfire, Backberry Dragon, Forestlake Raggamuffin, Tetrina's Grand-daughter, Lemon Fringed Pastel, Moonlit Masquerade and Neon Flamingo on it. With that many pods I bet I'll get something good out of it.

Lavender Blue Baby: Always sets well for me with 16. I believe it took with Fancy Face and Pattern Maker. Give me some fancy babies!

Cameroons: Good overall setter...takes some difficult pollens. 18 I put everything brightly colored with it.

Janice Brown: This one never takes for me, but this year has 24. Took some difficult pollens, too (Pattern Maker)! Others I put on were Pink Stripes, Fizziwig, Stargate Portal, Lavender Blue Baby and Snake in the grass boo. We'll see what we get.

Trahlyta: On the low end, but still set in this heat. 7 took Heavenly Angel Ice and Pattern Maker

Bombay Silk: Same as Trahlyta, on the low end, but worth mentioning 6 Not sure what it took, but I tried mainly Heavenly Dragonfire, Blackberry Dragon and toothies with it.

Harvet Moth: A surprise for this year! It has never set pods so I'm thrilled with this year. 7 pods and the precise pollen I wanted it to take. I've bee trying for years to get these crosses so I'm crossing my fingers that they don't abort. So far so good. I've got pods set from Moonlit Masquerade, Wild Horses and Forestlake Raggamuffin on it. Woohoo!!!

Tetrinas Grand-daughter: Mentioning this one since it seems to take some difficult pollens for me. 7 pods off of 3 scapes but they were Klehm pollens. Notoriously hard. Angelique Fringes, Lemon Fringed Pastel and some Forestlake Raggamuffin thrown in.

Comments (7)