SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Good luck, my friends...

schoolhouse_gw
15 years ago

..I said as I made my rounds of the garden this cold morning. Leaving footprints in the snow I visited with favorite trees and shrubs, new ones and old; and finally stopped in mid-sentence. I'm talking to plants! ha I suddenly smiled and laughed a little at my foolishness. Very glad no one else was around.

The ground is frozen now, and I see heave already. Or maybe it's the work of the mole. Good luck anenome, as I pushed some nearby privet leaves up round it. My chicken wire cages are sparing the new choke cherry shrubs from having anymore rabbit-snipped twigs; and something is more than a little peeved that they can't gnaw on the trunks of the burning bush anymore I bet. Sure hope the big serviceberry in the sunken garden doesn't fall again this winter.

Yellow pears litter the ground in the orchard, they'll be a good food source for critters. I thought I'd get a final taste of summer myself, but when I went to take a bite it was like trying to sink my teeth into a pear ice cube! What was I thinking? I almost broke a tooth.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions