SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mami_love8110

New Gardner- New home- Ideas?

Mami_Love8110
13 years ago

I have a rectangular back yard (about 32 feet by 70 feet) and would like some ideas on what to do with it. I have 2 wooden fences that I share with neighbors. I love the look of some sort of foliage covering fences and I was looking at vines to cover my back yard, or at least start with the longest side. Currently there are some bushes and a tree with a small trunk. It's pretty bare aside that with little grass. We would like to put in a gazebo, on the right side, with posts that will allow vines to climb up. possibly some walk ways with a playground on the far left side with a rubber type floor.

What plants/Vines would be good to use along the fences to give it an inviting/relaxing feel? I need something that isn't poisons (2 young children and one on the way) lower maintenance. I love color and love flowers. None of us have allergies. I have read many different reviews on all kinds of vines, but I am still very confused. The only tree in the back yard is a palm tree, but it's quite tall so the leaves of it aren't much within viewing zone (you have to look up quite a bit) There is also a 10x10 concrete patio type thing with nothing around it. Should I add some bushes around? or low plants? It's overwhelming to think about. The whole back yard isn't the best of soil. It's quite sandy for the most part.

Comments (5)