SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindalou2002

Need Ideas on Very Fragrant Flowers

LindaLou2002
19 years ago

I have a small problem. I have a Neighbor that likes to tell me what to do with MY yard/house etc. You see we bought this house with it needing ALOT of work, it was the neighborhood eye sore. Well here I am trying to be good neighbor and tell her that I was cleaning up the side yard and will be planting something like a Lilac bush or something and she tells ME "Oh you can't plant flowers there! I am allergic to them!!" And to boot, she doesn't even go outside!!! I couldn't believe that someone would be so...Pushy (not the word I was thinking of). Anyway this lady tells us all the time what we should NOT do. The only thing we have done is make the house look 100% better and it isn't even close to being done.

Anywho, Since I am new to gardening (well I have a little yellow/green pinky :^> ) I thought you all might be able to help me find some thing to plant there. The length is about 115' and about 1-2 feet wide. I would like something about 2-4 feet tall and straight, not bushy ( so out goes the Lilac :^I have added a link to my web site, 1st link here for just a small part of the driveway. http://home.comcast.net/~thedowcetts/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-2090672.html

If you go to the home page, you can click on the house and see the colors (terracotta, mustard yellow, maroon, hunter green) So I am not sure purple would work?

Thank you all......god I love this web site !!!

Comments (14)