SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pezzuti9

a problem tree - revisited

pezzuti9
17 years ago

On December 9th I placed a photo of a small fig tree that was in trouble in my opinion and titled the post, "A problem fig TREE -- any ideas". I did get some great responses to the question and thank you for that. Below is the exact photo I had in that post.

Well here is what I did to get that same fig tree to turn out, as it is today 31st of December as shown in the second photo below.

What I did to get it to start moving was to place it outdoors for just about 6 hours with the temperature at about 52 degrees (I know high for zone 5 this time of year). Then returned it back inside and pinched of the ugly looking leaves it had on it. Then placed it on a southern facing windowsill where it still sits today. As you can see the transformation that has taken place between the two photos in just that short period of time. Its even boasting new growth if you look at the center of the tree.

Now that's the way I like to see a young tree reacting --NO SLEEPING ON THE JOB IN THIS HOUSE. (GET IT???)

Regards to all

Lou NE. PA

{{gwi:843953}}

{{gwi:843954}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living