SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

While waiting for daylilies & grandbaby

celeste/NH
10 years ago

All this rain lately is making everything so green and lush. The roses are starting, the early daylilies are pushing up scapes, and I'm on pins and needles waiting for my newest grandbaby who was due 5 days ago. His mom (my oldest daughter) moved back in with us and will be a single mom so I am going to be both daddy and gram. I've been trying to get all my gardening chores caught up but you all know how that is especially when it rains a lot. Weeds everywhere! Slugs and some kind of tiny caterpillar that eats everything....and pretty soon the japanese beetles will make their dreaded appearance and devour my roses. The rose borders by the road are just starting and aren't at their grandest just yet so I will wait and post their pictures later. Here's a few other things blooming and happening in my yard.

Celeste

William Baffin, eating up the rose arbor

an endless sea of white peonies

closeup

Globemaster Allium is a butterfly magnet

johnny jump-ups re-seed themselves every year
{{gwi:820281}}

clematis are blooming....this is 'Empress'

this is 'Ruby Glow'

Everyone calls this the Lemon Lily....not sure, but it is the earliest to bloom here

Every year my foxgloves re-seed themselves and always were pink or lavender. This year there was this pure white one.
{{gwi:820287}}

All the scots roses have been blooming for awhile. This is Harison's Yellow.

I recently shared the ffo of 'Bonnie Holley' that came from Maryott's last fall. It opened more in the rain and this is one of them. It's weird to have one blooming this early....it thinks it's still in California...lol.

The Mountain Laurel are just starting to bloom

Comments (15)