SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilypsych

My Florida Daylily trip!!

Cindy zone 6a
13 years ago

I got back from 5 days in Florida, I had planned for months, and was so excited to know that I could visit a few daylily gardens. so I did get to see Ladybug Daylilies, Dan Hansen (went there 2 times) and went to Art Gallery Gardens, Lambertson's place. I can't even begin to tell ya all, just how fantastic both places were. A ton of bloom going on, and just beautiful, I took so many pictures, and it took some time to load up to photobucket, and then just to decide which ones.!!

I could have gotten to a few more gardens , but quite frankly there is no ocean to be had in Ohio,!!! so I spent time on the beach, which I dearly love, and it was NOT crowded, went to Daytona Beach, no races and no motorcyles, I was told it was most likely the quietest week of the year!! I did not know that ahead of time, but it was perfect. The whole time was perfect. When I got home, I saw that I was behind on this forum by at least 6 pages!! This place is so crazy busy, but that is what I love about it, I have spent the last few evenings catching up looking and reading all the posts. Here is Ladybug daylilies, just an hour drive from where I was staying.

I can tell you, that Dan Hansen, is the best ever!! He spent considerable time with me, showing me all his seedlings, and giving so much information about all aspects of daylilies, I wish I had videotaped him!! I never cared for the sculpting in daylilies, but now I love it. Here is one of Dan's intros. Scarface

tons of bloom, I will have to post more on another thread

Oh, I hate to post a pic of myself, but I am with Dan, and had to have the proof!!!! It was a fun time. I am standing up on my toes!! Dont know why except he is so tall!!! I think I spent at least 7 hours at ladybug. I brought home 9 daylilies and a Ladybug Shirt!!

My other stop was at Lambertson's place. They were the nicest people ever, and also spent considerable time with me, I could have been an entire tour bus!! but I was just one person and they gave me the full treatment! I brought home 2 from the Lambertsons, and I could not believe the size of the clumps they gave to me. No, not clumps, but monster clumps, I'm talking at least 12 fans on each on, and they gave me one as a bonus, so I came home with over 25 fans from them!! Lots of bloom here too!

Here is Hyacinth Macaw, and yes, it was that blue, I couldn't take my eyes off of it!!

Here I am now with Rachel Lambertson, once again, they were soooo great to me!!

A beautiful scene from the gardens

this one is Purple Eyed Dragonfly, I didn't bring this one home, but I gotta have it now!!!

Sorry this got so long, I have much more, maybe another post?? Oh, here is how NOT crowded it was at the beach. !!!

This is around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, after I had returned from a garden visit, and it was like this every day I was there!!!! It was just beautiful

Cindy

Comments (19)