SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
james_va

Conifers near Mont-Tremblant? (Quebec)

james_va
14 years ago

Folks, I'm headed up through Montreal to Mont-Tremblant to do a little skiing soon. I've been to Quebec a few times before, and have loved it every time.

I'm wondering if anyone knows specifically if Picea mariana and Picea glauca are to be found near Tremblant? From the photos, it looks like the mountain is mostly hardwood forest below, with Abies balsamea on top (which I like, too).

The ski de fond trails (at the base) seem to wind through some coniferous woods, however.

This is not critically important, but if anyone knows for sure of local spruce forests that are accessible, I might give them a look. Thanks, and Happy Holidays,

-James

Comments (4)

• james_va
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bumping this down to move it along...

• sluice
    14 years ago

James,
    Sounds like fun, enjoy the skiing - and trees!

• affliction-acs
    14 years ago

Hi James,

I've also skied there... a few years ago. I do know for certain there are Black and White spruce. I'm sure within a few minutes drive you will run into mixed stands of them. Balsam fir is also quite common in the area.

Even on the hills there are sporatic patches of conifers and mixed forest trails.

Have fun.

Darren

• james_va
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, Guys! Darren, glad you saw them there -- looking forward to the trip.

-James