SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
derelictgardener

Rebuilding a family cottage garden, not really restoring it.

derelictgardener
15 years ago

Hello,

I am brand new to GardenWeb as well as gardening itself. I purchased my mother's home after being away for years. She was an avid gardener and her being British I believe gave her an advantage. I on the other hand having been born elsewhere was not so lucky in the green-thumb department. Okay, I know geography has nothing to do with talent but I don't want to take the fall for my poor gardening skills.

The property had a very English cottage garden style feel to it when I returned but alas was terribly overgrown. I also know this might be better suited in the "restoration" forum however, with limited photos and my own gardening naievity, I would rather build a cottage garden of my own than simply restoring my mother's. I have been a fan of this site for over a month since I found it. I really like the pictures and ideas. I also find the forums like "frugal" of great interest due to my limited funds.

Sorry, I'm not great with plant names yet because I still have a lot to learn but, I will be reading this forum as I go and hope to share pics and opinions with you soon enough.

Thanks,

Derelict gardener.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert