SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
careytearose

Pembroke CORGI- a perfect dog for our cottage garden??

careytearose
16 years ago

Okay, so maybe I'm more than just a little jazzed here!! After my wanting to get a Pembroke Welsh Corgi for years, the time to get one will be soon! To me its THE quintessential dog well suited for our active and energetic family and to go very pleasantly with our English Style/Cottage Garden style gardens and home we've created here.

Yeah, so I'm biased... HA! I've been enamored of Pembrokes ever since I discovered Tasha Tudor's life and gardens via Victoria magazine many years ago, and then her wonderful children's books early in the lives of our children. Early this year, we met with a breeder in our area to see PW Corgis up close and personal. This last weekend we talked for quite a while with a couple with three young children about their "life with a corgi" to get the "real" story. We won't be getting a puppy as its been recommended to us that an older dog will be a better fit for our family.

The breeder (same breeder the family we spoke with got theirs from) wants to get a Champion rating with this dog, and then wants to breed it one more time. Then after its been spayed, it will come to join our family. In the meantime, we're going to gear up for having a dog in our lives. Can just picture taking pictures of our Corgi out among the flowering plants, and in the children's Secret garden with them...

To see pics of our children's Secret Garden in progress, and our garden projects, including our many Roses, ck out my Picture Trail:

careytearose

Here is a link that might be useful: look at Landscaping Projects, Favourite ROSES We Grow albums

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH