SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
castorp

Need images of stepping stone plantings

castorp
17 years ago

Hi, everyone,

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right forum--is planting between stepping stones a cottage garden thing?--but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I want to make some stepping stone paths, and fill in all around them with low growing plants. My plan is to use lots of different types of plants--mostly low growing perennials--but plant them in masses, and use all round stepping stones, to give it some unity.

But I'm having a hard time visualizing. I've searched the net, and also a number of books and magazines in the library, but I haven't found many photographs so far of this type of path.

Are any of you doing anything similar to this? Could you post photos? Or could you recommend books or magazines or websites with photos of this kind of path?

I'm not particular about what type of plants are used in the photo. They most likely will be different than what will grow down here in Central Florida, where creeping thyme tends to burn up in the summer. I'd just like to see some images to get a better idea of what sort of look this type of path generally has.

Thank you.

Bill

Comments (10)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County