SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691928

March 19th Sarasota County Plant Swap/Sale

User
13 years ago

Hey everyone!

Haven't been around much...busy packing. Just wanted to let you know that the swap is still on for March 19th. I'll be getting pictures of my stuff up as soon as I can. I had hoped to get them up before the sale, but I'd like to wait until some stuff is blooming or out of the ground at least.

I was going to pot up a lot of stuff, but I just don't have time to dig them all up, so this will be a lot of "you dig", so bring your plastic bags, spades and shovels. I have a lot of 1 gallon pots, and a few 3 gallons. I'm also doing cuttings to set aside for people who don't want a whole plant. I have a few plants, like Confederate Rose, that are in the ground but root very easily, so I'll put the cuttings on the trade list.

Anyone who wants to set up advance swaps/sales, please feel free to do so. I was going to put up signs around the neighborhood, but I want your feedback on that. I want us to have a chance to get what we want from each other first, so the sooner we all can post trade lists, the better I guess, so we can mark what's spoken for. I'm trying hard to get my list together somewhere inbetween working and packing.

The swap will start at 9 a.m. and go until 5 p.m., but you can get there early to set up. I'll be out there at 8 a.m. Maps and directions will go out next week. I will tell you I'm in North Port, so that will give you a little bit of an idea how far it is from your place.

Looking forward to meeting you all! Remember, the goal is to strip the yard of plants before I go, so bring your supplies and get ready to load up your cars.

Comments (2)