SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monkeytreeboy15

Recent Broom Discoveries

monkeytreeboy15
10 years ago

Hello, everyone..

I haven't posted at the forum for a while because I'm either busy working at the nursery or spending time (often broom-hunting) with my girlfriend Stephanie.

Thought I would share some of the recent broom discoveries to keep my nose in things around here.

Pseudotsuga menziesii 'Canyonview Blue'
This dwarf Douglas Fir broom was found by Stephanie at Canyonview Camp, and it seems to have a bushy, pyramidal shape with a steel-blue color. (The broom is in the shade, so the color is difficult to discern.)

A couple of unnamed Douglas Fir brooms I found earlier this month:

A Doug Fir broom I found right on the water.. thinking of calling it either 'Bayview Broom' or 'Beach Ball'. (voting encouraged!)

And my personal favorite was a broom that we happened to find just driving by without intentionally looking for brooms:
Abies grandis 'Baby Grand'
This dark green, large globose form of Abies grandis was aptly named 'Baby Grand' by Stephanie because we happened to be listening to classical piano music at the time, and we both play piano!

Plan to propagate many/most of these later this year!

Thanks for your interest, and sorry to folks east of the mountains, these Doug Firs are the coastal variety!

-Sam

Comments (9)