SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldflorida_gw

Hong Kong Orchid tree needs help

oldflorida
16 years ago

I have a Hong Kong Orchid tree that is about 4 years old and I've noticed it does not seem to be as happy and healthy as other trees of the same species that I see around, even those planted in parking lots that probably don't get a lot of care. My leaves are sparse and yellowing and the blossoms this year were scanty and small. The soil in my yard isn't the greatest, but it's probably not a lot worse than the soil in a lot of other areas near here where the trees seem to be doing a lot better.

I would appreciate knowing what I can do to help this tree get greener and leafier and produce more blossoms next year. The obvious answer is "fertilize" but I'd like more specific info about what kind of fertilizer or amendments I should use and when I should apply them. I've used organic all purpose fertilizer before. Once it finishes flowering in a few weeks I'll trim it back and that would probably be a good time to start applying whatever I need to in order to make the tree healthier. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Comments (17)