SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grovegreenguy

Four legged friend

FrozeBudd_z3/4
12 years ago

Early in the spring, I had been very surprised to unearth this creature as I dug around the foundation of my home, considering I had been using a spade, he's fortunate to have remained in one piece, I would have felt really bad to have harmed him! I then had wanted to release him back the wild, though ice and snow still covered the marshy area from where he had likely originated. He seemed very unhappy for his stay in a terrarium and unwilling to eat any bugs I offered up ... but, the weather soon warmed and he went back to the marsh, though I did kinda miss the little bugger.

First thing this morning, as I opened the garage door to check the temperature, I immediately spied another substantially larger salamander slowly making its way across the sidewalk, he then curled himself up and s-l-o-w-l-y waved his tail at me in defense, I was so scared, lol. Indeed, I was surprised to see yet another salamander that had likely come to burrow in the soft soil next to the fundation and spend the winter in relative comfort. The markings indicate that it's not the same one unearthed this spring and shown in the photo below, though he must have told his friends that Terry's house provides for a good snug place to winter down around the roots of his clematis plants, lol.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor