SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mootgirl

exquisite simple fig dessert recipe

14 years ago

I've been lurking on this board since mid-August, since this year I inherited 2 very fine fig trees along with my parents' house. The figs have been exceptionally prolific this year, yielding over 65 pounds so far, with more figs still coming! Of course many I (and my husband and young son) have eaten fresh, and most of the rest I dehydrated for later. I've tried a few recipes here and there, but none have really done the fresh fig justice

However, this evening I finally got around to trying a recipe I've had my eye on for weeks - grilled figs with cinnamon whipped cream - and it is delicious. The key trick here is I broiled the skewers instead of using a grill, which meant the drippings caramelized on my pan into a delectable, perfect butterscotch made up of butter, brandy and fig drippings. The figs themselves were not cloyingly sweet like I feared they would be, and I will definitely make this one again!

I hope some of the rest of you still have fresh figs to try this out with, and I hope you enjoy it, too!

Leah

Here is a link that might be useful: grilled figs w/cinnamon whipped cream

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida