SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newskye

I'm so depressed

newskye
17 years ago

All season I've worked incredibly hard at my garden... hours every day... this has been the first year since I moved here 5 years ago that circumstances have allowed me to really devote myself heart and soul to making my garden beautiful, and I've slogged my guts out at it. I've been building raised beds the past few weeks, and my husbands and I picked out a lovely Crimson Queen japanese maple for one of them over the weekend. Today I went out and the tree is gone, as well as a large pot I'd sunk into the ground for a passion vine, which I've been so happy about watching grow well and flower. Another pot was sitting in a different part of the garden, as if it had been considered for the theft but ultimately not taken. I feel shaken and heartsick. It's not just the money, although the tree was costly for our budget, but the love and pleasure of my garden... Who would do such a heartless thing... I'm so upset! No gardener would do it... no one who knew what it was like to lovingly tend a garden would ever so callously steal someone else's plants. This morning I had a new swing arbor delivered to the house.... but what's the point of putting it up when thieves prowl around ruining people's beautiful places and taking things... oh I am so unhappy! Fellow gardeners will understand this feeling.

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County