SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
candie1230_gw

BER devastating tomatoes

candie1230
13 years ago

I'm so depressed right now, I have BER on EVERY tomato. Some background: I'm a first year gardener just learning what to do and not to do. My soil is pure clay so I'm growing 4 Roma in 5 Gallon drilled buckets, one plant in each not all 4 plants on one container. I water everyday maybe 15-20 per plant in the late afternoon when it's cool. I fertilized my bought soil with bone meal. The plants are in full sun from 9am til 6:30-7pm everyday. I have been searching for a solution to fix my problem, I have found a company called Bonide that sells a product called Rot-Stop, but being I am from Canada they don't do business up here and I cannot find it in stores up here. Is there a similar product that I can use that I can get up here, or is there a solution that anyone on here can think of? I'm trying for an all organic solution and for it to be not very expensive, as I am really short of money at this time like a lot of other people. Thank you so very much for reading my post and the solutions that all of you very smart experienced people think of! :)

Oh, BTW I had extra store soil so I stripped an area of grass and threw it on the clay dug it in and threw some seeds there... Guess what??? Those plants (green beans, peas, cucumbers, extra strawberries and pumpkins) are growing like crazy.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022