SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whaas_5a

Here it is....the proposed landscape backbone!

whaas_5a
13 years ago

Sorry cats, lots of details, but hopefully this will help get me going on the right foot to get my landscape backbone established.

Everything shown would be new plantings (scaled at mature size) with the exception of Tilia Americana, which are existing established natives. I also have pics to give an idea of what you may be looking at.

I included a few trees (represented by dashed circles) just to show some thoughts regarding deciduous trees, many more to come.

Everything south of the dotted line is flat land. Everything north of the dotted line is sloped land (slope continues beyond my lot line).

Please note the exposures in the corners.

Soil = slightly ALKALINE, somewhat sandy with lots of stones (figure 40% by volume�so things grow slowly around here!)

A = Picea abies

C = Abies concolor??

G = Picea glauca var densata

GG = Thuja 'Green Giant'

O = Picea omorika

P = Picea pungens

PC = Pinus cembra??

PO = Picea orientalis �Aureospicata�

S = Pinus strobus

?? = Area gets a mix of early morning sun and late afternoon/early evening (4-6 hours total)

Other choices pulled from a previous thread:

- Chamaecyparis obtusa

- Sciadopity's verticillata 'Wintergreen'

- Tsuga canadensis

I mainly selected these plants based on recommendations or availability of what grows well in my area. I'm open to ANY suggestions you may have, whether its simply swapping out a particular species, adding a cultivar name vs. species or changing the groupings.

Thanks for dealing with my rambling post!

Layout

{{gwi:846052}}

West View

{{gwi:10285}}

Northwest View

{{gwi:10286}}

North View

{{gwi:10287}}

Northeast View

{{gwi:10288}}

Southeast View

{{gwi:846056}}