SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindysunshine_gw

Garden Tending Priorities or It's Scary in the Outback

cindysunshine
13 years ago

Do you tend your gardens in a sequence? I have this priority to get to what I see all the time from the bedroom window, eating on the deck, view from my desk in the office, walk from the drive to the back, et al. So as you get around further to the island beds and then the big bed out by the pond I view from a distance - I'm generally tired by the time I get there and I rather squint from a distance.

So this week we had pouring rain and while I was carrying garbage out, I stopped at that pond bed and removed a ton of weeds in about 15 minutes. You know how great it is when they just pull right out and the ground is perfect moisture in late July?

It felt so good that tonight on my way back from picking cucumbers and tomatoes, I stopped at the island beds and pulled out these mammoth weeds lurking amidst the cleome and cosmos - filled the cart twice. I even did a bit around the far end of the borders where I get tired and have skimped of late.

Does everybody else have these have and have not beds? Neglected children got a bit of pampering. I feel virtuous.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!