SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
herman2_gw

This Figs lack room in my collection!!

herman2_gw
16 years ago

I have a Violette de Bordeaux,Originating from Renown fig Collector Fred Born.Itis in it's third Sommer with me ,inground,and died to soil level every year.Still managed to give me a handfull of fig in first and second year and now it has 14 figs on it.It has very high quality fig with wonderfull flavor and sugar.I have another one .

I also have 2 Osborn prolific from Oregon,and they are very vigurous,two large crops of large figs (1-3ounces)but it did not make the cut in my collection because,it drops,about 10 percent of both crops,and some of the figs are excellent tasting while a few are mediocre.My Oregon friend said that the mother tree had 160 pound of figs only from breba crop,and they made fig wine out of them,and i believe Larry.

But I found it inconsistent,here.

I also Have a round black unknown that ripen the figs uprit,and some of them have a watery taste while some are very good.Also my wife say,get rid of them.

This are well established trees(third year) with extensive roots.

Only my son can dig them out,and he wants compensation for the work:digging it out,washing the roots and packing.

I have a degenerated back and i can do very easy tasks like rooting a cutting,but digging is out of my ligue.

So if you want any of them Email me privatelly.

PS -In the past i was dissaproved for dumping figs in the garbage.

First is Violette de bordeaux,second down is Osborn prolific,and third is the black unknown

Comments (3)