SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

cottage gardening in extreme heat and drought

Annie
12 years ago

We have been in a drought since last June, even though we have had some rain off and on and some snow last winter. And the weather this year is EXTREME. It was too warm in early spring and then turned cold and wet. Then a Heat Dome settled over Oklahoma and Texas and no rain or not much. Grassfires everywhere and everything suffering in the high temps. Record breaking high temps even. I am working myself half to death, almost round the clock watering and trying to keep it alive and green. I'm worn out!

Facebook is keeping me busy too. I post there because my family is there, not because I don't care about the Cottage Forum. It's just that, I only have so many hours in the day. My house is a wreck, not dirty, just not tidy - stuff piled up and waiting to be sorted and put somewhere (and God only knows where), but it'll still be here when the growing season is over, or everything dies, whichever comes first.

My hair has gotten very blonde and I am very brown from working out in the triple digit temps and searing air. I've lost 58 lbs (but that is another tale to tell)

Love you all and glad someone missed me. Thank you girls.

I've really missed coming on here and reading and seeing all your gardens and lovelies. And of course, someone always posts some new flower or plant to tempt me.

There's no more room for a single plant in my gardens, so don't do it!!!

~ Annie

Comments (27)

Sponsored