SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karalynn_gw

snake ID needed

KaraLynn
15 years ago

Last weekend while my Dad was loading some large rocks into the riding mowers cart he found a snake curled up in a cavity in one of the rocks. He called me over to his house to help ID it but I'm not sure of the ID. The shape of the head reminds me of a yellow rat snake but the patterning looks like a corn snake. It was a little over a foot long. Either way it was a very docile snake and didn't seem to have a problem with us handling it. After I took some pictures I released the snake among my extra potted plants. Hopefully someone here can positively identify this little snake.

I've been seeing a lot of wildlife running around lately. Last night on my way home I saw a fox run across the street in front of me about a block from my house. That's the second fox I've spotted in the last few weeks. I've driven past numerous small herds of deer grazing alongside the roads at dusk. Flocks of bluebirds have been flying all over my neighborhood for the last couple of weeks. And I can't keep enough seed in my bird feeder. Within a few days of me filling it it will be empty again! The birds that've been visiting the feeder that I recognise are chickadees, cardinals, house finches, and tick mice(mouse?).

Comments (7)