SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_brown264

Anyone know where I can get bales of pine needles in West Volusia

Lisa Brown
15 years ago

I want to spread it at the front of my yard, covering the area in front, between and a little behind my 2 magnolias and crepe myrtle that are at the front of our property. My brother lives in Charleston SC and he and his neighbors all have this in areas of their yards around treed areas and I think it looks great and prevents having to mow around these areas. Not to mention the pain in the butt that the Magnolia seeds give us when we are trying to mow and those suckers get hit by the mower blade.

I'm in the Deltona/Osteen area. I have a friend who says a nursery in Downtown Orlando sells them but I'm looking for a closer supplier if anyone can give me a tip.

Also if there are any other tips you have regarding this idea feel free to suggest to me! I'm wondering if I should put cardboard down underneath the pine needles to inhibit grass growth.

LOL I have had this idea since we last visited Chas. last year around this time. And we tried gathering pine needles from the vacant lot across the street but it was alot of work for not much coverage so I want to bite the bullet and just buy the bales.

Thanks! - Lisa B

Comments (7)