SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gladys47_gw

Re-panting,moving fig tree

gladys47
16 years ago

It is obviously n old tree many years negleted. Was next to a tree a storm had toppled and had some horrible vine smothering it. the tree came out in 3 pieces with small but good roots. Limbs are about 6' long each. Then there was a big ball of roots that looked to be sending up a new branch. Now that I have it home,what do I do with it? I have heard figs are easy to propagate or root. I grow lots of things just not figs,so no experience. Due to weather,time restraints and my back they are now sitting with roots buried in my very wet mulch/compost pile. I would like to cut the tops off and root these also. I have heard they can be water rooted. Is this true? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Just take into consideration the back issues! No wild dances with shaking dead chickens.Just kidding! I really want to save this poor tree, or at least try. It tried so hard to live under terible conditions and even gave a few figs. It deserves a chance! Also advice on rooting the tops please! Thank you Garden Web Fiends, Gladys

Comments (2)