SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manature

New Bougainvillias at Home Depot

manature
16 years ago

I stopped by HD today to pick out paint for my library, and OF COURSE, I had to spend some time in the Garden Shop. I have to say that I have never seen so many fantastic colors and new (to me) varieties of bougainvillias as they had in stock! Every color in the rainbow, from full on red (not the lovely but typical hot pink), to coral, orange, yellow, and every shade of lavender and purple. Even a bi-colored white and pink one that was truly beautiful. (I know that one's been around for a couple of years, but some of the others were totally new to me.)

What I saw that I had NEVER seen elsewhere was a type that has lots of blooms clustered together at the end of single stems, almost like the way snapdragons or stocks bloom, only fuller. It was called Imperial Delight, I think, and was so unusual! Also, they had one with enormous, kind of floppy white flowers called Shangai Dream, or something like that. I really wish I had had my camera with me.

Have any of you tried these newer varieties, and if so, what kind of success have you had with them?

Marcia

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths